Friday, October 21, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Ok so this is why I have taken on this adventure.
"To you parents of young children, may I share with you some sage advice from President Spencer W. Kimball. Said he: “It would be a fine thing if … parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so [their children] from the time [they are] infant[s] could look at the picture every day [until] it becomes a part of [their lives]. When [they reach] the age that [they need] to make [the] very important decision [concerning going to the temple], it will have already been made.”
Thomas S. Monson – stated at the April 2011 General Conference
When hearing this at conference I went to buy some pictures and being the artistic person I am I wasn’t in love with any of the pictures I could afford. Of Course I loved the $200-$500 pictures. I can’t do that and right now is when my kids are young. I felt very strongly that they needed a temple picture in their room and so I decided to try my hand at it and maybe I could be able to get at least one I like enough to print. Well to my surprise and I feel very blessed I have walked away with many I love, and I love them enough that I am willing to print them big (I love big pictures) and display them for many, many years to come.
I have created a new account with my favorite developer mpix.com and uploaded all of the pictures (some that are not on my blog) and anyone who wants can order it from them. Don’t worry they are a professional developer but they don’t cost a fortune. For an 8x10 it’s only $1.99.
So here is how you can go about ordering prints at developer cost
1. Go to www. Mpix.com
2. Select SIGN IN on the top right corner.
3. Email address is : firstname.lastname@example.org (don’t worry I created it just for this so you’re not intruding J)
4. Password: temple
5. From there you should be able to select albums and then the pictures you would like developed and pay for it to be sent to you. (be careful not to save your credit card information)
Printing suggestions: (not requirements)
1. If you print large 11x14 or larger the pictures over time will bubble in the frame. So to make it look sharp for many years I suggest when in the shopping cart to add mount and select single weight mount board.
2. When in shopping cart it will show you how your picture will be cropped with the red lines. Select under the picture edit crop and make sure you have head room so you temple spires are not being cut off. Make sure you have enough room for your frame to take a little space away as well.
I only ask one thing from you In return.
If you print any of the pictures please send me an email letting me know which ones and what size. I would love to see what is your favorite, I really do hope that many people enjoy this and that I can help.
phew, I think that is the most I have ever writen on my blog if any of it is confusing or you need help email me at email@example.com